Setting up a garbage disposal, replacing the sink or simply setting up a brand-new sink drain flange requires removing the kitchen sink drain basket. Over time, water and food particles can seep underneath the flange and into the threads triggering the drain to become stuck. How to remove a kitchen sink drain? It might practically feel as though your drain flange was originally set up with permanent glue or cement. Do not get out the heavy machinery right now though, you can remove a stuck kitchen area sink drain flange without harming the drain line or the sink.
1. Remove the items you save in the cabinet underneath the sink to clear area to work. Shut off the valves that supply water to the kitchen area sink faucet. While it isn’t really essential to switch off the water to remove the drain flange, it assists avoid mishaps ought to someone effort to turn on the faucet while you work.
2. Use a permeating lube to the threads around the bottom of the drain flange underneath the sink. Let the lubricant soak the flange threads for the amount of time recommended by the maker.
Fit a pair of 10-inch tongue-and-groove pliers around the coupling nut located at the top of the drain pipe and the base of the sink drain flange. Turn the coupling counterclockwise to loosen it and release the drain pipeline from the bottom of the drain flange. If the drain flange spins as you turn the coupling, insert plier manages into the drain opening from the top of the sink.
4. Pull the drain line from the drain flange when you loosen up the coupling nut. Beware when pulling the drain line, so you do not harm the drain.
5. Leave the plier handles and screw motorist in place. Fit 16-inch tongue-and-groove pliers around a locknut holding the drain flange in the sink. The locknut sets against the bottom of the sink bowl. Turn the locknut counterclockwise to remove it and launch the flange from the sink.
6. Tap the bottom of the sink drain flange from below the sink with the side of the pliers if the flange is stayed with the edge of the sink opening. This ought to loosen up the grip on the flange and permit you to lift it from the sink.
Setting up a garbage disposal, changing the sink or merely installing a brand-new sink drain flange needs removing the kitchen area sink drain basket. Don’t get out the heavy equipment just yet though, you can remove a stuck cooking area sink drain flange without harming the drain line or the sink. How to remove a kitchen sink drain?